Wednesday 18 March 2015

Meet Keith...

Our next story is about Keith...

Keith 67, found that Arts on Prescription has made him more self-sufficient with the skills that he learned.

After a local search with no luck Keith finally came across the Arts on Prescription programme and was relieved to find that we ran complete beginner cooking courses.

Keith has been widowed for two years and in the past hasn’t been much of a cook as his wife was a great cook and made most of their meals. Although Keith shopped and cooked whilst his wife was ill he found this task quite difficult and has since struggled with cooking for himself.

‘Arts on Prescription was perfect, the tutor was superb with people like me that had no experience at all. The course really surprised me and gave me confidence that I didn’t realise I was lacking. I am now able to be more self-sufficient and can plan meals that are economical and easy to prepare’.

Keith described that one of his favourite parts of the course was making friendships with new people and having social interactions with people from various backgrounds and learning about different cultures.

‘I had a very good experience with Arts on Prescription and would like to volunteer in the future’.


Thanks for reading,

Carmela

No comments:

Post a Comment