Friday 16 May 2014

Pendle Glass Festival

Hello,
 
Just a quick post today. I have just come home from the Pendle Glass Festival preview at Higherford Mill in Barrowford (yes, Higherford Mill, star of BBC2's Restoration programme).
 
It was great, inspirational work and lots to see.
 
Here are some pictures....



 
I love the patchwork effect of this one!

 
I'm planning a new and exciting project with Helen Oxley and had seen her latest work in pictures, but up close it was really something! See above and below.



 
The two pictures above are of Karen Redmayne's work. She is a truly talented glass artist and is one of the teachers on arts on prescription. We only use professional artists to deliver our courses.

 
Local lovely artist Julie Miles, makes the most wonderful hares. I'm saving up for one!

 
Colourful and intriguing.

 
Could NOT resist. The one above came home with me.
 
Happy face!
 
 
 
Right am off now, it's a balmy evening and my husband has made a jug of pimms. So civilised.
 
 
 
Thanks for reading.
 
 
Kirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment